dimanche 22 août 2010

Testosterone is not the appropriate cure for Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)

A lot of FTM are craving for T just because they want not to experience anymore Premenstrual Syndrome.

Here is an extract from Meiko Elias Xavier Myspace blog:

"The estrogen is hitting me hard, friends. In fact so bad that Wed, Thurs and Fri I felt the worst I've felt in over 2 years, since before I started my transition. The funny thing is that I'm not experiencing body dysmorphia. I'm finally comfortable with my body. I feel like, yes, I am smaller than other guys, but for my frame, I have a good amount of muscle. The issue is that emotionally the estrogen is tearing me down about a week out of the month. I know many females tend to get grumpy, and well, let's just admit it folks, downright bitchy during and around their period. I know I am. But this feeling for me is intensified by about 100. Basically I cried pretty much non stop for about 3, almost 4 days."
.....
"What to do about this problem. Well, I took intermediate action and actually did something I've really been avoiding. I gave myself a shot of 60mg of Testosterone."


This blog extract is full of misconception about PMS and unlike written Testosterone is not the cure for PMS as it is the excess of T versus oestrogen that creates more PMS symptoms.

PMS can be cured with a good diet, anitidepressants, antianxiety and ovulation suppression pills...

It is sad to imagine women entering in a transition process, being on Testosterone just because they did not have the accurate information about PMS treatment.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Any intelligent comments are welcome.

Please note the author is an activist for trans people rights so the author will not approve comments that include transphobic concepts and any form of transphobia...Note that transmales mentionned in this blog are all out as trans and all self-define themselves as transguy or FTM or transmale.

So this blog is not a forum for people (cis or trans) to express their transphobic grievances towards transguys.